Windscribe is a well-known virtual private network that contains numerous functions like anonymous surfing, access restricted websites & streaming services, strongest encryptions, hides IP addresses, fastest proxy servers, and many more. These features enable you to get experience secure and smooth internet browsing. In addition, the no-log policy of Windscribe ensures that your virtual activity won’t be kept by the VPN authorities. This VPN is currently available on several platforms, so you can easily download it on your MacBook. To assist you, we will show the download procedure of the Windscribe App for Mac in two different ways.
- Short Overview of the Windscribe App
- Download and Installation Process of the Windscribe App for Mac
Short Overview of the Windscribe App
Windscribe is a Canada-based VPN service that was developed by Windscribe. It offers 500 servers in 110 locations over 63 countries. To secure your internet connection, Windscribe uses an AES-256 cipher with SHA512 auth and a 4096-bit RSA key. Besides, it has several protocols such as IKEv2 (default), OpenVPN UDP, OpenVPN TCP, Stealth, Websocket Stealth, and WireGuard (configurable).
In October 2017, Windscribe was included on the Google Play Store in the Tools category, and till now, more than 10 million people have installed it on their device from there. Not only that, it has obtained a remarkable rating of 4.3 from thousands of user reviews. On September 13, 2021, this VPN was last updated, which version varied from device to device.
APK Details of the Windscribe App
Here are the key details of the Windscribe app that will help you to determine the real app on the App Store.
|Application Name||Windscribe VPN||Rating||4.3|
|Current Version||Varies with device||File Size||Varies with device|
|Last Updated||September 13, 2021||Official Website||https://windscribe.com|
Key Features of the Windscribe App
Windscribe comes with lots of outstanding features that provide a complete shield on your internet activity. Below we have pointed out some major features of the Windscribe VPN.
- Windscribe provides more than 500 fastest proxy servers at 110 locations in over 63 countries.
- It uses the R.O.B.E.R.T protection system to block IPs and domains (ads) that can infect your device.
- To secure your internet connection, Windscribe uses an AES-256 cipher with SHA512 auth and a 4096-bit RSA key.
- Windscribe has several protocols such as OpenVPN, IKEv2, WireGuard, and SOCKS5 to ensure a stable and secure internet connection.
- The No-log policy of this VPN ensures your internet activity won’t be stored by the VPN.
- Some servers of the Windscribe support split-tunneling to divide your internet traffic through an encrypted VPN tunnel.
- It is integrated with an ad-blocker to remove ads from all the websites that will compromise your privacy.
Windscribe VPN Plans and Pricing
Although all basic features and limited servers of the Windscribe are free to use, for advanced and more servers, you have to purchase plans. This excellent VPN offers three different plans like monthly, yearly, and customizable plans. Its customizable plan feature enables you to choose your desired locations, and the VPN will automatically charge for those locations. Below are the plans and pricing of the Windscribe VPN.
|Build A Plan||$1.00 (per location, per month)|
Download and Installation Process of the Windscribe App for Mac
Fortunately, Windscribe is compatible with several operating systems such as Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Android, and so on. As the VPN is available on the Play Store, you can download it on your MacBook through an Android emulator. An emulator lets you run any Android apps on your Mac operating system.
Several emulators are available on the internet; we recommended using BlueStacks, Nox Player, MEmu Player, Remix OS Player, and ARChon Player due to their outstanding performance and functions. Using any of these emulators, Windscribe app download for macOS will be easy for you.
Download Windscribe for Mac Through Nox Player
Downloading the Windscribe app for Mac using Nox Player will be an easy task, as this emulator is well-optimized and contains enough features to run any apps. To download the VPN check out the below steps.
- First, visit https://www.bignox.com using any web browser and download the latest Mac version of this emulator, as shown below.
- Install the downloaded file on your MacBook following the on-screen guidelines.
- After installation, run the Nox Player from the Dock Tab and click on the Google Play Store app.
- Log in to the Play Store with your Gmail username and password, or sign up to create a new account.
- After getting access to the Play Store, type Windscribe on the Play Store search bar and click on the search icon.
- Click on the right app from the search results and press on the install option from the Windscribe page.
- Once the installation is finished, the Windscribe app icon will appear on the Nox Player’s home screen.
How to Download and Install Windscribe App from the Official Website?
Windscribe app for Mac download will be possible from its official website. Check out the below process to download the Windscribe from its official website.
- Visit https://windscribe.com and click on the Get Started button from the Menu bar.
- Download the Mac version of the Windscribe from the Mac sections. A dmg file will download automatically.
- Double-click on the downloaded dmg file and drag the app from the dmg window into the applications directory.
- Once the copy process is finished, you will find the VPN in the Applications folder.
How to Connect a Fastest Server on the Windscribe VPN?
Windscribe is very easy to use due to its simple user interface where you can connect any random server with just one click. Follow the below steps.
- Launch the Windscribe app on your device from the Applications folder.
- Click on the round button at the right-top corner of the screen to connect a random server.
- You can also choose your favored server location from the showing server list.
- Once you are connected with any server, you are free to access restricted websites and surf the internet anonymously.
Two Best Alternatives to the Windscribe App for Mac
Among the several VPN available on the internet, here we have demonstrated two widely used apps that can be installed as alternatives to Windscribe.
SpeedVPN is a popular VPN service that offers 45 fastest proxy servers in 25 countries in different locations. It uses 256-bit AES encryption to secure your virtual credentials. Besides, SpeedVPN follows a no-log policy, which means the VPN authorities don’t store your online activity. Also, this VPN doesn’t require registration, configuration, or extra permission to use this.
VPN 360 is another well-known VPN service that contains lots of servers in 23 different countries all over the world. These servers provide an average download speed of 56.17 Mb / s and an upload speed of 43.33 Mb / s. To secure your internet connection, VPN 360 uses IKEv2/IPSec protocols. In addition, it allows you to access restricted sites and streaming services through hides your IP.
Frequently Asked Questions
As VPN is related to your online data, some questions may arise in your mind. That’s why here we have answered some commonly asked questions that we have received from Windscribe VPN users.
What Are the Firewall Modes on the Windscribe VPN?
Windscribe offers three different firewall modes such as Automatic(Default), Manual, Always On. The always-On function can’t be disabled unless you configure the settings.
Does Windscribe Have IPv6 and DNS Leak Protection?
Windscribe supports both IPv6 and DNS leak protection. IPv6 provides unique IP addresses, and DNS gives an additional layer of security by blocking dangerous sites and unwanted contents.
Is the Windscribe Free Version Trustworthy?
The free version of Windscribe is entirely safe to use as it uses the same encryption and protocols as the paid version. The major distinction between the paid and free versions of Windscribe is server limitation.
For securing your online credentials, Windscribe could be a good choice for you. As it uses advanced encryption technology and protocols to ensure your virtual activity, you can use the internet without any concern. Besides, this VPN lets you mask your IP to browse the internet anonymously and visit the restricted websites. However, the download process of the Windscribe App for Mac, you might have understood through this article. So get this VPN on your MacBook now and browse the internet securely.