Developed and published by Digital Extremes, Warframe is an amazing free-to-play action game loved by millions. The game even lets you play it in a multiplayer mode and has mission-based progression as well.
The game has been around for more than nine years and is perfect for anyone who loves rich visuals and loud gunshots. However, you won’t find this game in the Mac App Store, so how to get Warframe for Mac?
The only way to play Warframe on a Mac is by installing Windows. You can also try a cloud-based gaming service such as GeForce Now. In this article, we’ve listed three methods to play Warframe on any Mac computer.
You’ll also find minimum system requirements and other important details to get started.
- Minimum System Requirements to Play Warframe on Mac
- How to Download Warframe for Mac: Three Tried-and-tested Methods
Minimum System Requirements to Play Warframe on Mac
Warframe is a high-end action game that needs decent computer specs. Your Mac should have at least the following requirements in order to run Warframe smoothly.
|OS||OS X 10.14*|
|Processor||3Ghz Intel i5 quad-core or equivalent|
|Memory||4GB RAM or More|
|Hard Drive||30GB free Hard disc space|
|Internet||High-speed Broadband Internet connection|
|Graphics||Radeon HD 2900 XT or GeForce 8800 GT|
How to Download Warframe for Mac: Three Tried-and-tested Methods
There are multiple ways to get Warframe for Mac, but we’ve only listed three ways that’ll work for you. The first one includes using a streaming service, and you don’t need to download anything on your Mac. The other two methods require installing Windows to play the game, which is ideal for keeping your progress intact.
Method 1: Play Warframe on Mac Using GeForce Now
Before you go ahead with using GeForce Now, note that this cloud-based gaming platform requires a stable and fast internet connection. Also, GeForce Now needs you to have a good processor, preferably the M1 chip, especially if you want to play it in multiplayer mode.
Here are the steps to use GeForce on Mac to play Warframe.
- Click here to visit the official website of GeForce Now, and click on Join Now. After creating an account, you can download it for Mac.
- Launch the Nvidia GeForce Now app on your PC, and enter the account details to log in. Now search for Warframe within the gaming emulator, and click on Get.
- The game will get installed on your PC. Click on Play, and wait for a few minutes.
- You’ll be required to enter your Steam Account Details to play the game.
Method 2: Play Warframe on Mac Via BlueStacks
BlueStacks is an Android gaming emulator you can download on a Mac. So if you don’t want to install Windows or need an easier way to play your favorite game, you can choose this emulator. Below are the steps to install BlueStacks and then download Warframe for Mac.
Minimum Requirements to Use BlueStacks on Mac
In order to run BlueStacks, your computer should meet the minimum specifications suggested by the creators.
|OS||macOS 10.12 (Sierra)|
|Processor||Intel or M1|
|RAM||4 GB or More|
|Free Space||At least 10 GB of Free Space|
- Click here to download BlueStacks for Mac. If you are already using BlueStacks, you need to update it to the latest version.
- Launch the gaming emulator on your Mac and follow the on-screen instructions. Since it is an Android-based emulator, you need to enter your Gmail details to log in.
- Once done, open the Play Store on the emulator and search for Warframe, and click on Install. You can even go to the official website of BlueStacks and register for Warframe.
- After downloading the game, launch it within the emulator, and you can start playing it.
Since it is a mobile emulator, the gaming screen will look something like this:
Method 3: Play Warframe on Mac with Boot Camp Assistant
The Boot Camp Assistant lets you install Windows on a Mac, and you can easily run .exe files. Also, to use Boot Camp, you don’t need additional software or tools, thus, using it is safe and secure. Follow the below-mentioned steps, and you can run Windows on any Mac computer.
- Click here to download a Windows 10 64-bit file on your Mac. You can also visit Microsoft’s official website to download the Windows file.
- Now open the Boot Camp Assistant app on your computer from the Utilities folder. Pick the downloaded Windows file from the Boot Camp downloads, and allocate storage space to the Windows partition. You should allocate at least 50 GB or more to play Warframe on Mac.
- Click on Install and follow all on-screen instructions. Your computer will restart after installing the Windows. Now select I don’t Have a Product Key option if you don’t have it.
- Complete the customization process, and install updates and drivers.
- Once done, you need to install Steam on your PC. Open the Steam app after it gets downloaded, and enter your Steam account details.
- Search for Warframe on Steam, and get the game. Launch Warframe and play it on your Mac computer.
Frequently Asked Questions
A: No, a Mac cannot run Warframe without a third-party app like BlueStacks or installing Windows through Boot Camp Assistant.
A: There can be several reasons why Steam games don’t run on a Mac. These include an outdated OS version or lower RAM than required. It would be great to install Windows through Boot Camp Assistant and then run Steam on your Mac.
A: The Warframe game is around 42 GB. That’s why you should allocate a lot of storage space to it when playing on a Mac.
Following the three aforementioned methods, you can get Warframe for Mac and play the action game. The easiest method is playing it through GeForce Now since you don’t need to install Windows on the system and allocate a lot of storage. Make sure to install the latest version of BlueStacks, Steam, or download the Windows ISO file from the official Microsoft website. Lastly, here’s a video on how to play Warframe if you are new to this game.