MegaCast is a powerful streaming app that allows you to play audio and video to Chromecast. This is the first Chromecast player with transcoding support that supports all types of files that your Chromecast will not support directly. As a result, you can easily watch any type of video stored on your device in Chromecast with just one click. Downloading the MegaCast on MacBook could be a little difficult, as it is not available on the Mac App Store. For your convenience, in this article, we will show how you can download MegaCast for Mac by using an Android emulator.
- About the MegaCast App
- How to Download and Install MegaCast for Mac?
About the MegaCast App
MegaCast is also known as MegaCast Samsung App, which is developed by MegaCast. On the Play Store, this app has been included in the Video Players & Editors category, and so far more than 41,861 people have downloaded this on their devices. Its minimum Android requirement is 5.0 & Up. On October 7, 2020, MegaCast was last updated with version 2.38.
Technical Details of the MegaCast App
Here we will show you the MegaCast APK app details through a table. This will help you to figure out the real app on the Play Store.
|Developer||MegaCast||Category||Video Players & Editors|
|Current Version||2.38||File Size||23.9|
|Last Update||October 7, 2020||Official Website||https://www.MegaCastplayer.com|
Why Should You Use MegaCast for Mac?
MegaCast is built with several functions that will fascinate you. Here we have presented some of the major features of this excellent app that will help you to understand why you should download MegaCast.
- MegaCast allows you to play any audio, image, and video format flawlessly on your Chromecast device.
- Along with manual adding, MegaCast preloads subtitles automatically according to your content.
- MegaCast supports DLNA casting, External sources casting, Dropbox casting, and LAN casting.
- This app has a smooth interface that lets you cast video and audio files effortlessly.
- It allows you to create new projects or playlists where you can add your favorite files for later use.
How to Download and Install MegaCast for Mac?
As of now, there is no Mac version of the MegaCast released yet. The only way to download MegaCast is from the Play Store by using an Android emulator. Among a large number of emulators, BlueStacks, Nox Player, MEmu Player, Remix OS Player, and ARChon Player are the most popular and reliable emulators. By using any of these emulators, the MegaCast app download for macOS can be easy for you.
Steps to Download and Install MegaCast for Mac Through MEmu Player
MEmu Player is a feature-rich and well-optimized free Android emulator that enables you to run your favorite apps on your MacBook. To download the MegaCast through this emulator, follow the below steps.
- First, download the MEmu Player from its official site and install it on your MacBook.
- Once you installed the emulator, launch it and click on the Play Store app.
- After that, log in to the Play Store with your existing Gmail credentials or create a new account.
- Now search for the MegaCast on the Play Store search bar.
- Select the MegaCast from the search result. Click on the Install button.
- After completing the installation process, you can easily run the MegaCast app on your MacBook.
Steps to Download and Install MegaCast for Mac Through Nox Player
Nox Player is another widely used Android emulator that contains many advanced features. To download the MegaCast through Nox Player, follow the below steps.
- First, navigate the official site of the Nox Player and download the most current version of this emulator.
- After that, find the downloaded dmg file on your MacBook and install it.
- Once the installation process is finished, launch the emulator and click on the Play Store app.
- Log in to the Play Store by using your Gmail credential or create a new account.
- Now type MegaCast on the Play Store search bar and click on the search icon.
- Select the MegaCast from the search result and tap the install button.
- When the installation is finished, you will see the app on the Installed App list option on the Nox Player.
Two Popular Alternatives to the MegaCast App
Here we have demonstrated two popular alternatives to the MegaCast apps that contain lots of useful and outstanding features.
Localcast allows you to play all common video formats like mp4, Mkv, 3gp, and m4v on your Chromecast. You can view images and zoom or rotate the image if you want. Another good thing, Localcast supports subtitles that can be customized easily. Besides, it is compatible with all Cast-enabled devices including, Apple TV, Amazon TV, Samsung Smart TV, and DLNA devices.
Allcast is another popular app for sharing multimedia files from your device to Cast-enabled devices such as Chromecast, Smart TV, PC, Xbox, or other DLNA Renderers. Streaming from Dropbox or Drive is an excellent aspect of the Allcast. Besides, it has a premium version that doesn’t appear in any ads while you are streaming.
Frequently Asked Questions
Here we have explained some of the frequently asked questions that we received from the MegaCast users. Check this section if you have any queries.
Is MegaCast Free to Download and Use?
MegaCast offers both free and premium plans. Its free plan is limited with basic features. On the other hand, the Premium plan has several advanced features, including an ads-blocker, watermark customization.
Can I Use the MegaCast App Offline?
If you stream files from your device, it doesn’t require any internet connection. But when you intend to stream from online storage like Dropbox and Google Drive, you have to connect to the internet.
What Kinds of Devices Are Compatible With the MegaCast App?
MegaCast app is compatible with all Cast-enabled devices such as Chromecast, Amazon FireTV, Apple TV, Xbox 360, Xbox One, Roku, WDTV, Samsung, Sony, Panasonic Smart TVs, and other DLNA Renderers.
We hope you might have understood how you can download the MegaCast for Mac through an Android emulator. We have discussed the MegaCast download process with two different emulators. By following any of the methods, you can easily download this app.
Once you download the MegaCast app on your device, you can watch any video on your cast-enabled device. In addition, it allows you to stream directly from Dropbox and Google drive. You can also create your own playlists to add favorite content for watching later.