Kik is one of the best messaging apps that provides comprehensible services to its users. Through this app, you can connect to your friends & families by exchanging texts.
Kik is more than a messaging app which enables you to chat one on one, and with an entire group. With this app, you can overlap within chats and it doesn’t require any phone number except the username.
Furthermore, the user interface of the app can easily be navigated, and anyone can use it without experiencing any complications. In addition, it offers hundreds of emojis, GIFs, and stickers to express different feelings without uttering a word.
Kik was released for use on smartphone devices such as iPhones & Androids. However, having Kik for Mac is a bit tricky. Don’t feel left out as we are going to illustrate the download procedure below.
All About Kik Messaging App
Kik Interactive developed Kik as their first messaging app which was released on October 19, 2010. The unknown fact about the app is that more than a million users registered on this app within 15 days of its launch. This application has been installed by more than 1 billion users to date and has a 3+ content rating on the Play Store with over 2 million reviews.
Specifications That You Need to Know
The technical specifications of the Kik app are provided in the table below. Hopefully, this will aid you in getting the Kik messaging app from the Play Store with ease.
|Size||Varies with Device|
|Last Update||May 18, 2021|
|Content Rating||Rated for 12+|
|Offered By||Kik Interactive|
Features The Kik App Provides
There are a couple of features that are offered by the Kik Messaging app. We have selected some of the unrivaled features that will make you perceive why you should use the app. Let’s see what these features are.
- You can chat with an unlimited number of people and create a group with up to 10 people to chat with simultaneously.
- It offers a multimedia messaging option that means you can exchange files including photos, videos, documents, and many more.
- You’ll get hundreds of emojis, GIFs, and stickers to express different feelings without saying a word.
- It may not provide voice call options, but you can make video calls with your friends and family.
- The new design of the app’s interface is attractive and easier to use, especially for newbies.
- Kik Code offers QR Scan Code that lets you connect with people quickly and easily. When someone scans your code, they can send and receive messages.
- Kik offers a fun and safe place for everyone without being uncomfortable, so everyone can use it.
- You can meet new friends with similar interests through the app.
- It doesn’t require any phone number. All you need is to pick a username so that other users can find you by searching your name with ease.
- When you sign in to Kik, you can connect to its community and find out other unknown things about the app.
How to Use Kik for Mac
Using the Kik app for Mac is not as complicated as you think. It is true the app has not yet been launched for Mac. Yet, it doesn’t indicate that you can’t have it on the Mac. Hence, an Android emulator is your go-to because it enables both Mac & Windows users to use any android application.
You may ask, how does it work? The Android emulator imitates an Android screen on your Mac, thus you can download any app by accessing the Google Play Store. However, there are several emulators out there that can be used. The most popular emulators are…
- Bluestack Emulator [https://www.bluestacks.com/]
- Nox Player Emulator [https://www.bignox.com/]
- MEmu Emulator [https://www.memuplay.com/]
- ARchon Emulator [https://archon-runtime.github.io/]
- Remix OS Player [http://www.jide.com/en/remixos]
Run Kik App on Mac With MEmu Emulator
Having the Kik app for Mac with a MEmu emulator is simple, thus anyone can do this. Below, we’ll show you the download procedure using the MEmu emulator as it is easy to use. The download procedure of Android apps on Mac with the emulators above is mostly similar.
1. Download & Install MEmu Emulator
First, download the Memu Emulator. After downloading the setup file, open it to install. This process will take a few minutes.
2. Run MEmu Emulator on Your Mac
Once the MEmu Emulator is installed, run it on your Mac. It will also take a few minutes to run.
3. Log In to The Google Play Store
Find the Google Play Store on the MEmu emulator, it will ask for a Google account to sign in. If you don’t have a Google Account yet, you can create one.
4. Search The Kik App on the Play Store
Type “Kik” on the Play Store search bar and select the app after seeing the search results.
5. Install Kik App
Once the app is selected, you will see the “Install” option below. Click on it and the app will download & install within a few seconds automatically.
Apps That Can Be Used as Alternatives to Kik
There are alternatives to the Kik app that several people out there would like to use. Yet, it could be difficult to sort out the best alternative apps to Kik. However, we have enlisted two most popular apps that are considered the best alternative messaging apps to Kik. So, without any further ado, let’s get started.
KakaoTalk, similar to the Kik app, enables you to exchange messages including multimedia files such as photos, videos, and other documents.
It also has a feature that allows you to have a group chat with unlimited friends. A voice filter is one of the vital features of the app to make fun calls with Tom and Ben’s voices.
Apart from these, you will get a collection of emojis, stickers, and GIFs to elaborate on your feelings without saying words. Above all, it ensures high-quality voice calls and works with 3G/4G & Wifi networks.
Signal Private Messenger:
This is another communication app that offers instant messaging and calling services. This app also helps you to exchange high-fidelity text along with HD Quality audio & video.
Signal Messenger is mostly known for its robust security that uses end-to-end encryption to protect your chat from intruders.
Even the signal private authority has no right to keep your data on their server. It offers different types of themes. You can customize and apply your own.
Frequently Asked Questions
Most times we are asked questions by many users about the Kik Messaging app. Answers to these questions have been highlighted below, which will help you have more details about the app.
Is Kik Traceable?
Certain people may be concerned about Kik’s security. According to a statement on its official website, it uses end-to-end data encryption which means, no one can track your messages. Even the app can’t read or store your messages on their server.
Does Kik Use Personal Information?
To log in to Kik, your email address, username, and birth date would be required. But it only shows your username on your profile without the rest of your personal information to connect with other Kik users.
Is There Any Available Version of Kik for Windows?
You can’t download the Kik app directly on your Windows as it has not been released on Windows Operating System. But with the following procedure below, you can get Kik on your Mac.
- Ensure you have downloaded and installed an emulator first
- Use your Gmail Account to Log In to the Play Store
- Search for the app on the Play Store’s search menu
- Click on the “Install” option to install it
Kik is an instant messaging app that offers fast and free message exchange features with strong security. Using the app, you can have one-on-one chats or in a group with several people. The most significant thing about the app is that it is a free app and doesn’t show many ads. That’s why most people prefer to download and use the app.
With this write-up, we have given a complete review of the KiK app along with how its procedure for download. If you are interested in having Kik for Mac, then you can follow the process we provided above. If you have any difficulties, inform us in the comment section.