Final Fantasy XIV (FFXIV) has become one of the top favorite games among pro players. The game’s amazing story, challenging battles, intricate crafting, and a unique take on PVP have won the hearts of millions of players.
The makers have recently released the FFXIV with even more advanced features, which have blown players’ minds. One of the most recurring questions about Final Fantasy we come across is if the game is available for Mac users or not.
If yes, how to download FFXIV on Mac? You can download and play Final Fantasy XIV on your Mac easily. The makers have released a Mac version through which installing the game on your Mac has become hassle-free.
Continue reading this article to find out how you can download FFXIV on your Mac and other important information about the game.
Simple And Easy Steps To Download FFXIV For Mac
By following the below-mentioned steps, you can download FFXIV on Mac-
- Go to the Final Fantasy XIV Mac version download page: https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/mac/download/
- You’ll find a download button; click on it.
- Once the download is complete, double click on the Final_Fantasy_XIV_Online_x64.dmg and follow the instructions.
- You’ll see two tabs on the screen: Final Fantasy XIV Online & Applications.
- Drag the Fantasy XIV Online icon to the Applications folder.
- The game will then be installed in the Applications folder, and the launcher icon will appear on the desktop screen.
Note: You require administrative privileges to install the game on your Mac. FFXIV needs 60GB of free space on the destination hard drive to install the game.
System Requirements To Download and Play FFXIV On Mac
To Play FFXIV on your macOS, there are some specific system requirements. I have listed down the minimum requirements you must have in the table below before purchasing the game.
|Application Model||iMac (Retina 5k, 27-inch, Late 2014) or higher|
|OS||macOs Mojave 10.14, macOs Catalina 10.15. macOs Big Sur 11.1|
|Memory||4GB or higher|
|Available space on the SSD or Hard disk||80GB or more|
|Recommended screen resolution||1600X900|
|Graphics||Radeon R9 M295X or higher|
|Internet||Broadband internet connection|
|Communications port||Ports that may be used |
TCP: 80, 443, 54992~ 54994~ 55006~ 55007~ 55021~ 55040
(if you are using a router, set up your ports so that these mentioned pockets can pass through)
Note: These are the minimum system requirements to install and play FFXIV on your Mac, but these requirements are subject to change when the software gets updated.
How To Play Final Fantasy XIV Free Trial On Your Mac?
Did you know that Square Enix offers a free trial for Final Fantasy XIV? Yes, you heard that right. You can play the first expansion, Heavensward, for free without paying a penny. While you still have to pay for the later additions, you get to experience 100 plus hours of intense gaming in Square Enix’s MMORPG.
The download procedure for the Final Fantasy XIV free trial is different for different systems. Here is how Mac users can download the game and enjoy complete Two Arcs for free-
- Go to the Final Fantasy XIV free trial website: https://freetrial.finalfantasyxiv.com/na/
- Click on sign up now
- Now you have to create a Square Enix account and download the software you need.
- Once the game is installed, you have to launch the installer on your Mac.
- This may take at least an hour or two till the game updates itself and lets you play the free version.
Limitations of Final Fantasy XIV Free Trial
Since it’s a free trial, it’s apparent that you’ll face different limitations while playing the game. Let’s take a look at what are the features and things you can’t experience with the free trial-
- When your character reaches level 60, you won’t get access to any new experience.
- You can create only eight characters
- You don’t have access to every game in Microtransaction
- You can collect no more than 300,000 Gil (the game’s currency)
- You can’t send letters to other players
- You can’t communicate with other players privately unless they invite you to a group
- You can’t join or create guilds
- You can’t join PVP teams
- Unless you run a dungeon, you can’t join a party
- You can’t use the official FFXIV forums or companion app.
Yes, Final Fantasy is compatible with Mac. The game launched a Mac-compatible update in June 2021.
Yes, you’ll have to repurchase the game to play on IOS, but you can use the same account to log in to the game.
No, Final Fantasy XIV isn’t a one-time purchase. The game runs on subscription mode, so you’ll have to buy more time to play the game when your subscription ends.
Installing FFXIV on your Mac shouldn’t be a big task. The installation process is easy, and all you have to do is follow the steps I have mentioned in this guide.
Let me know if you’ve any further queries or if you are still facing issues downloading FFXIV on your Mac in the comments. I’ll come up with the solutions soon!
Check out the Final Fantasy XIV free trial to understand the game’s mechanics before purchasing it.