Epson Smart Panel is an essential app to use your Epson printer or any Epson device efficiently. With this app, you can easily set up, monitor, scan, print, and do much more with the Epson printers and scanners.
Epson Smart Panel is available for iOS and Android, but you cannot download it directly on Mac. However, installing this app on macOs is still possible, but requires a little work. In this article, we’ve explained everything about how to get the Epson Smart Panel for Mac and make it work.
How To Download & Set Up Epson Smart Panel On Mac?
Since Epson Smart Panel is not available for macOS, an Android emulator is the only option to install it. Remix OS Player is one of the best emulators that lets you run Android applications on your Mac computer.
To download Epson Smart Panel on a Mac, you need to install Remix OS Player first. Below you’ll find all details regarding installing this Android emulator and downloading the Epson app.
Minimum System Requirements to install Remix OS
|OS||OS X 10 or later|
|RAM||At least 4 GB|
|Processor||Intel i3 or later, Apple M1|
|Storage||8GB or More|
Step To Install Remix Os Player On Your Mac
- Download Remix OS 3.0 ISO by clicking here. But to download the Remix OS file, you’ll need a Torrent Client, so make sure to install it before you download Remix OS.
- Once the download is complete, you’ll get two files: Remix OS for Mac & Remix USB Tool.
- The USB tool file won’t work on your Mac. Rename the OS file as RemixISO.iso & transfer the file to the desktop.
- In the next step, you need to convert the RemixISO.iso file to RemixISO.img into an image file to make it work with your Mac. Now copy the line mentioned to the terminal to convert RemixISO.iso to RemixISO.img.
hdiutil convert -format UDRW -o Desktop/RemixISO.img Desktop/RemixISO.iso
- Once you do that, You will get an output file named RemixISO.img.dmg.
- Change the file name to RemixISO.img
- Open disk utility, select your USB file’s name & format it.
- Choose the format as MS-DOS (FAT) & tap on erase, as shown in the image below. Remember that formatting will erase all data from the USB drive, so take a backup if you’ve any important files.
- Now it’s time to make USB bootable with the Remix OS. Go to the terminal and type: diskutil list.
- When you type the command, it will list out all the USB drives connected with your Macbook. Note your USB drive’s number and type this command next-
diskutil unmountDisk /dev/diskX sudo dd if=Desktop/RemixISO.img of=/dev/rdiskX bs=1m diskutil eject /dev/diskX
(here, you have to replace the number of the USB drive with X)
- Once you enter the command, turn off your PC and press the hold the option key.
- You’ll see two boot options on your screen: Windows and Macintosh HD. Click on Windows and continue.
- Now you have to choose the mode you want to operate Remix 3.0. You’ll get two options: Guest Mode & Resident Mode.
- The Guest Mode needs the USB drive, and none of your data will be saved in Remix OS 3.0. The Resident Mode saves all your data, and you can access it without a USB drive.
- To use the Resident Mode, you must select the Resident Mode, press the Tab key, and enter.
androidboot.hardware=remix_x86_64 androidboot.selinux=permissive quiet SRC= DATA= DATA_IN_MEM=1 DPI=265 UVESA_MODE=2880×1800
- Once you do that, the Remix OS 3.0 will start booting within 5 minutes.
- Finally, you need to choose the language you want to operate Remix OS 3.0, accept the user agreement, and click on start.
Now that you have set up Remix OS, you can run all Android apps on your Mac. Remix OS gives you access to the Play Store as well.
Steps To Download Epson Smart Panel On Mac
- Open Play Store and type Epson Smart Panel in the search bar
- Click on install, and the app will start downloading on your Mac.
- Open the app, follow the on-screen instructions and you can connect it to your Epson devices.
Yes, the Epson Smart Panel is available for free. Using this app, you can print, copy and scan anything from your smart device.
Yes, you can connect Epson Scanner to iPad, iPod Touch, and iPhone.
You can find the printer driver and utility menu in the software window once you access the printer software.
We hope this how-to guide has helped you find out everything about downloading and installing the Epson Smart Panel on Mac. As there is no PC version of the tool yet, the best way to run it on Mac is through an emulator like Remix OS.
Let us know If following our guide has helped you run the app on your Mac or not. Stay tuned for more guides about Mac.